What: Amazon allows consumers to sell most anything
Expected Pay: NA
Commissions & Fees: variable (see review)
Requirements: Items to sell and be legally able to sell it
- Largest online seller
- Helps you sell in exchange for a listing fee ($0.99 for non-professional sellers) plus a referral fee.
- Referral fees typically range from 8% to 15% but are higher for some items
- Amazon device accessories and inexpensive jewelry have a 45% referral fee
- If you’re selling luxury jewelry or watches, Amazon charges 5% for jewelry that costs more than $250; and for watches, 16% for values up to $1,500 and 3% above that amount
- If you get too many complaints about quality or customer service, Amazon will take you off their platform.
- Not overrun by unscrupulous sellers, but there are some on the site that has been known to game the system to the disadvantage of other big sellers.