What: Amazon allows consumers to sell most anything
Expected Pay: NA
Commissions & Fees: variable (see review)
Requirements: Items to sell and be legally able to sell it
- Largest online seller
- Helps you sell in exchange for a listing fee ($0.99 for non-professional sellers) plus a referral fee.
- Referral fees typically range from 8% to 15% but are higher for some items
- Amazon device accessories and inexpensive jewelry have a 45% referral fee
- If you’re selling luxury jewelry or watches, Amazon charges 5% for jewelry that costs more than $250; and for watches, 16% for values up to $1,500 and 3% above that amount
- If you get too many complaints about quality or customer service, Amazon will take you off their platform.
- Not overrun by unscrupulous sellers, but there are some on the site that has been known to game the system to the disadvantage of other big sellers.
eBay or Craig’s List may be better choices for selling items like furniture and clothing.