What: List your home for rent by the hour for special events ranging from photography shoots to birthday parties
Expected pay: Set by you
Commissions & fees: 15%, plus $0.30 transaction fee imposed by Stripe
Where: Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Nashville and Portland
Requirements: Be over the age of 18.
- The property-owner sets the rental rate and terms.
- For instance, you can state what portion of the home/space is available and whether there are additional fees for services provided during the rental.
- Owners also choose a cancellation policy: Flexible, Moderate, or Strict.
- Here are the terms for 2 of the policies. Strict: the property owner keeps deposits if cancellation is less than seven days notice. The flexible option: if the renter cancels within two days of the reservation, the owners keep the deposit
- The owner decides the amount of a deposit, which is collected upfront, and when payment is due for the entire booking. Payments are generally made in advance. AVVAY transfers the payment to the property owner almost immediately.
- Another plus is that AVVAY operates in several markets where other rent-by-the-hour options are not available.
- If you cancel at the last minute, the site also has the right to penalize you on future rentals for the site’s lost commission.
- AVVAY provides no commercial liability or property damage coverage.