What: Staffing platform that makes it easy to find and manage hourly workers; you work as a W-2 employee of BlueCrew
Expected pay: $10 – $20/hour
Commissions & fees: none
Requirements: Personal interview, background check
- W-2 Employee of BlueCrew
- The company deducts taxes from your weekly wages (you and the company split the 15.3% FICA tax); A straight independent contractor is responsible for sending estimated tax payments to the IRS and paying the full 15.3% “FICA” tax
- You pick and choose among available shifts and clients
- Paid on a weekly basis
- Worker pay varies by the job and shifts
- May not have enough jobs to keep you busy
- Most of the jobs are in warehouses, stocking shelves, providing order fulfillment, customer service or delivery
What Users Say: (From Indeed)
I accepted a full time temp job only to show up and say it didn’t exist. I turned down two full time jobs because I had committed to a job that didn’t exist. Three weeks later I’m still waiting to . I will be reporting them to the labor board.actually talk with someone about it. Now they have deactivated my account and ate still ignoring me.
Cons: Just about everything you could imagine
The job it’s self is awesome! They have an app and you basically work from your phone… you clock in and out, it tells you how far to commute to work ….
Pros: They pay out every Friday
Cons: Gotta wait til Friday to get paid
It’s a good opportunity for motivated individuals. Sometimes the app can act buggy, effecting payroll. They have a point system that offers employees free trainings and prizes! Overall a positive experience.