What: A specialized search engine site and mobile app targeted at college students to buy and sell their textbooks for a better price by using algorithms to send the sale to the best marketplace
Commissions & Fees: None
- The largest textbook buyback price comparison tool
- You pay nothing for their services
- BookScouter makes its money through affiliate marketing by sending your sale (or purchase) to the site that’s offering the best price
- The site rates sellers, warning you if there’s a seller that consistently gets bad reviews
- There is a $29.99 “pro” option for those who want to sell hundreds of textbooks
Amazon also has a market for used book sales that’s worth checking out.
If you have rare or collectible books that you want to sell, check out AbeBooks, specializing in high-priced rare volumes.