What: Contently connects content writers and companies to produce content for corporate websites, brochures and sponsored posts
Expected pay: $0.25 to $2/word
Commissions & Fees: NA
Requirements: Writing experience in a relevant topic area
- Connects content writers with companies looking for content
- The site does not allow writers to bid against one another
- It establishes a price for each piece and then offers the jobs to a group of writers who are qualified to complete the work.
- Reasonable range of pay
- The pay is clearly described so you can decide whether the pay is worth the time of the project
- When you register and post your profile, the site includes a link to your past work
- If the site’s editors determine you are qualified to write for one of their clients, they will contact you with the offer and details.
- Clients determine the pay. According to the site, rates generally fall into the following ranges:
- Articles with secondary sources (300-700 words) pay $380-$630 USD
- Reported stories with primary sources (400-700+ words) pay $570-$890 USD
- Multi-source stories with 3+ primary sources (400-700+ words) pay $1,140-$1,400 USD
- White papers (1,000-5,000 words) pay $1.70/word USD
- Publishers are required to accept or reject a writer’s work within 15 days; the site then collects payment and transfers it within 30 days.
- It can take time before you’re offered a writing opportunity