What: An online marketplace where you can sell anything from clothing to crafts
Expected pay: NA
Commissions & Fees: 10% of sales price, up to $750. Up to 50 listings/month are free. Listing more than 50 items/month imposes an additional listing fee or a monthly/annual subscription
Requirements: Be 18 or older
- Oldest and most extensive online marketplace
- The company has a written “buyer extortion” policy that bans buyers from using seller ratings or feedback to force a seller into providing goods or services that weren’t included in the original item’s description
- eBay investigates and supports its sellers
- You can block bad buyers or those not willing to pay on your terms
- eBay has about 160 million shoppers
- The site gives discounts on shipping
- None found
Consider selling on Amazon too. It gets heavy traffic, like eBay, and has a variable commission schedule.
Free sites, such as Craig’s List and LetGo are also good options.