What: An online travel agency and online marketplace for tour guides and excursions
Expected pay: You set your own rates
Commissions & fees: Undisclosed
Requirements: A business license, liability insurance and a bank account
- Focuses on professional tour suppliers, bus companies, and attractions.
- You can sign up as an individual supplier; you need to have a business license and business liability insurance to list your services
- There are no up-front costs
- You set your own rates
- If customers buy your tours through GetYourGuide, you’ll pay a commission
- Payments are via direct deposit once a month, following completion of the tour
- Payments are only made once you are owed $50 or more
- Not transparent about the commission charges
- There was a statement on SiteJabber claiming the commission rate is as high as 50%
- A commission schedule is only available after sign up and approval to sell products on the site.
- Many consumer complaints