What: Website and online community focused on architecture, interior design and decorating, landscape design and home improvement
Expected pay: set by you
Commissions & fees: $0 (free listing); (paid pro+) Hundreds/month.
Requirements: 18 and over
- Provides information and resources on everything house-related — furniture, design, contractors, and remodeling
- It also has a “Pro” network, where providers of everything from general contracting to landscaping and interior design can sign up and post a profile on the site
- Free to sign up and post a profile
- The site makes it easy to get your past customers to review you; connect your Houzz profile to your Facebook profile, etc.
- Supposedly a great site to purchase furniture and home goods (consumer side)
- Paid “membership” is expensive
- Very difficult to cancel membership
- The site has the right to auto-renew customers and charges them cancelation fees equal to four month’s membership to get out of their contracts early
- Contracts have variable pricing, but typically cost hundreds of dollars/month
What Users Say (From SiteJabber):
I’m a small business owner and paying Houzz a monthly fee for advertising.
Since we lost our income now, we asked Houzz to hold our billing until after this crisis is over and we can get back to people homes and work.
Their respond was only one month free or 4 months penalty if we canceled now.
I don’t think that a big company like Houzz should take advantage of small businesses these days.
I will not continue using them in the future and will not Recommend them to our clients anymore.
This company avoids all form of communication to cancel pro services. not only that they show you analytical data that is not real and than claim to do work on your behalf and show proof of it with the same data they sold you with. This company has no moral no integrity or any respect for small businesses. Im 2 months of reaching out to their cancellation dept and no answers no call backs nothing please don’t do business with them.
From the Better Business Bureau
They are in breach of the contract and want to charge me ***** month when they did not provide a cancellation agreement that stated the fee. I have tried to cancel the subscription since the first time they had technical issues and could not provide the service they offered. I have emailed to cancel based on what the agreement said and the only response I have received is asking why or an automated email stating that I have to pay a 4 month subscription cancellation fee which was not on the agreement that I signed. I have canceled my credit card because I can not afford the rate during these times as they promised leads that have not even gotten a single ****. They sold me on the fact that I was the only professional organizer in the area and I see why now because the houzz program is not set up for what I do.