What: Broad-based job board, with a exemplary search function, able to find a job in virtually any industry
Expected pay: Varies by position
Commissions & fees: NA
Requirements: Vary by position
Indeed, like Glassdoor, is a national job listing board that makes searching for a position in almost any industry and any location easier.
- Indeed provides a forum for current and former employees to rate employers. Prospective employees gain useful information and good insight into pay and working conditions. A segment of the site also offers valuable employment advice.
- Layout of Indeed’s site is more user-friendly than Glassdoor. It provides employer ratings alongside each listed job opportunity and allows users to quickly and easily search by salary range, company, experience level and other factors.
- Indeed sponsors a site called Job Spotter that picks up job listings that have never been posted online. However, due to the current global health crisis, Job Spotter is ceasing operations.
- Allows you to search for specific criteria, such as telecommuting and part-time positions.
- The ease of navigation and the ability to search specifically for side hustle opportunities earns Indeed our highest score.
- Listed jobs might already be filled.
If you are searching for a full-time job, both Indeed and Glassdoor are excellent places to start your search.