What: Online marketplace to sell most anything
Expected pay: NA
Commissions and fees: 10%
Requirements: Be over the age of 18
- 10% commission on sales, plus a $2 processing fee for direct deposits under $10 (and a $2 fee if a direct deposit transfer is rejected by your bank)
- You set your price for the items and state if you provide shipping
- The site provides the marketing platform
- Buyers are encouraged to negotiate, so they won’t necessarily just walk away
- Sellers don’t get paid until the buyer “rates” the seller and the seller rates the buyer.
- If the buyer doesn’t rate the seller within three days, the system will trigger payment anyway.
- The requirement for ratings attempts to prevent buyer and seller fraud, but it doesn’t really solve buyer fraud because the site will allow returns after the three-day window.
- Sellers say it’s easy to hit the wrong button when accepting a return on the app.
- So, the buyer could keep your product, even while getting a refund.
You can also sell on CraigsList, OfferUp, and Letgo