What: Home rental site operated by a company called RedAwning, which advertises widely with heavy commissions
Commissions & Fees: 20%
Expected pay: NA
Requirements: A home to rent and the legal right to do it.
- The company lists properties on its own affiliated sites, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Airbnb, among others. The bright side of this is that your rental listing gets plenty of exposure.
- RedAwning also provides $3,000 in property damage coverage and says it has a consumer-friendly phone app to allow your customers to manage their reservations.
- Your rental may become very expensive on sites that charge renters a service fee, such as Airbnb.
- Reviews on both Google Play and the Apple store say that the app doesn’t necessarily work
- RedAwning doesn’t allow hosts and guests to communicate, so you won’t be able to screen tenants
Airbnb is better and cheaper for the property owner.