What: RedAwning allows you to rent your furnished home or apartment to travelers
Commissions & Fees: 20%
Expected pay: NA
Requirements: A home to rent and the legal right to rent it.
- Claims that it is the “largest network of vacation properties” is based on the fact that the company lists properties on its own affiliated sites, on Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, and Airbnb, among others.
- Your rental listing gets plenty of exposure
- RedAwning also provides $3,000 in property damage coverage, and says it has a consumer-friendly phone app to allow your customers to manage their reservations.
- Your rental may become very expensive on sites that charge renters a service fee, such as Airbnb.
- The same listing, if listed on Airbnb directly, would be about $886.65 for one week vs. $1,023.50 if listed through RedAwning or one of its affiliates, and the booking came through an advertisement.
- Reviews on both Google Play and the Apple store say that the app doesn’t necessarily work.
- RedAwning doesn’t allow hosts and guests to communicate, which makes it hard for hosts to screen tenants.
Airbnb is better and cheaper.