What: Skyword helps freelancers (writers, graphic designers, videographers, photographers, and other creatives) with top-tier brands looking to connect with their audiences through great storytelling
Expected pay: Varies
Commissions & fees: NA
Requirements: Experience, a resume and samples of your work
- The platform handles assignments, scheduling, and payment
- The site charges the client, not the freelancer
- The freelancer can accept or reject assignments from clients
- Freelancers say their work is generally well-compensated
- If the client decides not to publish a piece, Skyword makes sure the freelancer collects a “kill” fee equal to 50% of the agreed-upon price
- Freelancers say that the work is not constant
- Vetting process is extensive
- Company’s software can be glitchy
What Users Say: (From G2Crowd)
What do you like best?
I write articles and content creation for two companies that utilize Skyword. This simplifies my work flow tremendously! Both companies have different specs within the platform – so Skyword makes it so much easier to understand exactly what the brand is looking for.Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.
What do you dislike?
Outages are hard to deal with when I am on a tight timeline. I do wish actual due dates showed instead of “in one month”. Also it would be helpful to be able to see all of our submitted ideas over time. Currently we only can see the past 2 or 3 months worth of submitted ideas.Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.
Recommendations to others considering the product:
This is such an excellent tool to streamline how you have your content creators work and create content.Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.
What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
Streamlining workflow between myself and the brand I am writing for. The platform makes it so much easier to understand exactly what the brand/company is looking for as far as amount of photos, headings, word count and SEO, etc.