What: An online platform and marketplace for people to list, discover and book venues for events
Commissions & fees: 15% of the rental amount
Expected pay: $50 or more/hour
Where: New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Miami and Chicago
Requirements: Space to rent, able to sign a legal contract and obtain any licenses necessary to rent out your real estate as a venue
- When you list your space, you have to get approved by the site
- Choose an hourly rental rate
- You get 85% of the rental rate, 15% is taken by the site as commission, 5% is charged to the renter as a processing fee
- They market your space to their clients for you
- $1 million liability policy that covers owners (for instances like someone was hurt on the property or damages your space.)
- The site collects the full amount of the booking upfront and puts the payment in escrow until the day after the event.
- You get paid within a week of the event by direct deposit.
- Splacer imposes at least a $100 fee for any cancellation and may also charge a 5% processing fee. If you cancel more than one event in 6 months, you and your venue will be booted from the platform.