What: An online international teacher recruitment company that places certified and ESL teachers in positions worldwide
Expected pay: Varies
Commissions & fees: Job listing fees paid by employers
Requirements: Be over the age of 18; bachelor’s degree and a certificate to teach English as a second language; positional requirements
- The site represents both international schools and online platforms that recruit teachers who want to teach online from home.
- Most jobs require a college degree; teaching experience or the ability to communicate effectively in another language.
- The pay varies based on both the position and the country where you teach – online jobs pay less; in-person jobs in countries with a high cost of living pay more.
- There is no cost for teachers to sign up
- The site charges recruiters instead
- Terms of the site require employers to help workers get bank accounts, work permits, visas, and if they provide housing, a safe place to live.
- None found
If teaching online is more your style, also check out VIPKID, Magic Ears and QKids. You can also find great tutoring jobs with Wyzant.
What Their Teachers Say: (From Reddit)
I’ve had a good experience with Teach Away so far. I’m leaving for Abu Dhabi in a few months and they have been really helpful with everything.
I’m not sure about other countries, but the Abu Dhabi Education Council hires English speaking teachers from a variety of recruiters, Teach Away being just one of many, however the pay, benefits, contract, etc is the same regardless of the recruiting company you go through.
That being said, I don’t have knowledge on how other countries use the Teach Away services.
But generally, Teach Away has been very straight forward with keeping me up to date with all the deadlines and documents I had to provide and they answer questions thoroughly and quickly.