What: App connecting clients and homekeepers for cleanings
Expected pay: $16 to $27/hour
Commissions & Fees: NA
Where: Select major cities in Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Nevada, Texas, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Requirements: Be over the age of 18; have a smart-phone with location-tracking; skills, and where necessary, licenses to clean
- None found
- Heavy penalties on housekeepers when they arrive late, need to cancel or reschedule a job
- More than five minutes late, you pay $5
- Leave early, you pay $30
- Call out with less than 24-hours notice, you pay $30
- No-show, you pay $30
- Change the schedule with less than 7-days notice, you pay $10.
- App automatically schedules you for jobs, and fines you for canceling jobs you never wanted
- App marks up service, for example – A one-hour cleaning, housekeepers are paid $27, but Tidy charges $45, pocketing the other $18 (40% commission rate
Tidy steals money from homekeepers through fees. More you work, less money they pay. Gas, time, supplies minus fees leaves you $9/6/3/per hour or less
I hired this service to clean out a house I moved out of during the pandemic. I was not present for my safety and the safety of the housekeeper. The cleaning was not done, even slightly. The house was left filthy. I provided photographic proof that the job was not done, and the business refuses to give me a refund since I did not get the service paid for. They say I can only have a credit to use their service again, but clearly their service is awful and I do not want to use it. They say if I was claimed that you have to purchase an insurance package to get a refund, but I see that policy NO WHERE on their site and it was NOT shown to me at the time of booking.
You provide back breaking labor and at every turn they take money away from you if they can even when the client and the cleaner communicate and come up with a game plan that works, you still lose money. (Ex: being late, being finished early you have to sit in your car and wait if you leave because you’re done they take half your money) and there’s a lot more. It’s disgusting.