What: Online platform connecting tutors of 300 different subjects with students
Expected pay: $16 per hour
Commissions & fees: NA
Requirements: 18 or older; subject mastery; teaching or tutoring experience; a Facebook account
- Operates worldwide and offers help in more than 300 subjects
- Complete online application using Facebook to verify identity
- $16/hour, 5 minute increment billing
- Paid via PayPal once a week
- You need Facebook to sign up
- If a student needs less than five minutes of help, you must provide it for free according to the site’s terms
- It can take as much as two months to get approved as a tutor
Other tutoring platforms, such as Wyzant and Chelsea International, pay tutors based on what the platform earns, so tutors in high-demand and advanced subjects can earn more.
What Users Say (From Glassdoor)
I have been working at TutorMe part-time for more than 10 years
Good human resource management Responsive A good number of students in need of help hence more hours for the Tutor. Affordable to the student.
Could do something on the hourly remuneration.
I have been working at TutorMe part-time for less than a year
Tutor me is a fun company to work for. It is easy to connect with students that need help in your areas of expertise. The user interface is easy to learn and fun to use. Very flexible and adaptable to your schedule.
Since tutoring occurs on the basis of student needs, the hours are always unpredictable.