What: An experiential travel company that connects travelers to local hosts who offer private, personalized tours; allows you to set up tours, meals, cooking and craft classes for travelers for pay
Expected pay: Set by you
Commissions & fees: 20% for tours you organize and plan; 30% when the site designs the program
Where: Belgium, Cambodia, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Morocco, Nepal, Philippines, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, the Netherlands
Requirements: Have a meal or activity that you want to list for sale in the relevant geographies; good communication/language skills; Availability at least 3 days/week
- The site allows you to set the agenda, dates, and times for your tour and price it
- The site books travelers to fit your tours. Tours can be for one person or a group. You set the rules.
- If a tourist books through WithLocals, the site will pay you within three days of completing the tour.
- 20% commission for the tours you set and arrange. If you choose to be a guide for a pre-existing itinerary from the site, you pay a 30% commission on the booking.
- You are not financially penalized if you cancel a reservation
- If the tourist cancels within 72-hours of the scheduled tour departure, the host is paid for the tour in full. If they cancel with less than 6 days notice, 50% of the payment is still yours.
- Although you are not financially penalized for canceling a tour, you will be dropped you in the site’s hierarchy, making it more difficult to book future tours.