What: An online marketplace where you can list your items for rent
Expected pay: NA
Commissions/fees: 5% to 10% of the rental receipts
Requirements: Be 18 or 21, depending on where you live
- The fee ranges from 5% to 10% of your rental receipts
- Free to list your items
- You can advertise anything from your camping tent to a sewing machine or vacuum cleaner.
- Zilok makes the reservation and takes a deposit. You set up where to meet the renter and terms of the contract/deposit
- Payment for the rental is made directly to you in whatever form you accept payments
- Not an entirely passive way to make extra income
- You may have to meet up with strangers, so take the necessary precautions
Other sites where you can rent out a wide array of items include Loanables, RentNotBuy and, of course, CraigsList.